Tuesday, March 31, 2009

work

Today was a big day for me at work. I haven't felt much like myself lately, and for some reason (maybe it was the weather) I decided to get all dressed up, curled my hair, did my make up and I told myself I was going to have an awesome day. And you know what? I did! It was just me and my manager, Rachel, the whole shift, and of course it was really slow just like most Tuesdays. But between the two of us we rocked the house, all our numbers were up, and we made the most of what we had to work with. Not only did I feel more comfortable and confident, I got my first compliment from Rachel. Little, I know, but it meant the world to me. I've been realizing I'm not putting in enough effort or focusing enough on my job so I've been trying harder and I guess it shows.

I've also noticed I've been very reserved around people from work.. which is very unlike me. I should be taking this opportunity to make new friends and get to know everyone there, while letting them get to know me. Today was different though; I was joking around, chattin' it up, dancing around, and I guess just being myself. A much nicer change of pace / a much needed change of pace.

This Sunday is the Down To Earth Festival at the Hynes Convention Center. I'm really looking forward to this, not to mention getting to see and work with Bonnie there! I'm learning a lot more in depth about Lush as far as the morals of the company, how they source their ingredients, and our effect on the environment, this way I can share all this info with anyone who asks. And it'll be interesting to discover other green companies in or around the Boston area. So siked I was asked to work this! I'm the only new hire from my store that was asked to go.. again, little, I know. But it's a big deal to me!

(to learn more about the D2E Festival, read thissss: http://greencottonblog.com/2009/03/down-2-earth-boston-april/)

No comments:

Post a Comment